POSITION: Dominican Summer League Athletic Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
LOCATION: San Pedro de Macoris, DR/Tigers DR Academy
JOB SUMMARY: The Detroit Tigers are seeking a Certified Athletic Trainer for the 2024 Dominican Summer League Season. This will be a full-time position. The DSL ATC will provide game, & practice coverage, daily treatments, injury prevention, rehabilitation of injuries and maintain medical records for the DSL spring training, season, instructional league, and winter program. The DSL ATC will report directly to the Detroit Tigers International Medical Coordinator. This is a full-time contracted position with health benefits, housing and meals.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with best practices and minimum standards within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Maintain a clean & organized athletic training room and workspace with up to date sterilization standards and best practices.
- Daily communication with player’s injury status with the International Medical Coordinator & Minor League Medical Coordinator
- Daily communication with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes.
- Assist with player follow-ups of the Dominican Summer League Players along with players that reside in the Dominican Republic.
- Role is primarily based out of the Dominican Academy in San Pedro de Macoris, DR and will be expected to spend time in Lakeland, FL during spring training and other events deemed necessary by the club.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association-Board of Certification in good standing.
- Eligible and in good standing for FL State Licensure .
- CPR/AED certification.
- Previous baseball experience.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
Submit resume and cover letter to Sean McFarland, Minor League Medical Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).