Job Title: Minor League Athletic Trainer
Job Summary: The Kansas City Royals are currently seeking one (1) seasonal minor league athletic trainer. This position will be split between the Royals complex in Arizona and the Royals academy in the Dominican Republic. The position will work alongside the certified athletic trainers in Arizona & the Dominican Summer League. (February – October)
- Assist in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of various injuries
- Assist with record-keeping using the electronic medical records system (AHMS)
- Assist with daily maintenance programs for all players
- Daily game and work out coverage including pre/post treatment and field set up
- Daily communication of player health status with medical/field staff
- Monitoring and execution of medical department protocols, policies, and philosophies
- Collaboration with strength and conditioning coaches to implement organizational programs and communicate player status
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- NATA-BOC ATC in good standing
- CPR/AED Certification
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- CSCS certification preferred
- Prior professional baseball experience preferred
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Click here