This position will be the 1st Assistant to Triple AAA Athletic Trainer. This position will provide day to day support for the Albuquerque Isotopes baseball club and can take over responsibilities if the Head Athletic Trainer has other responsibilities and help with the daily needs.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the medical services provided for the Albuquerque Isotopes
- Baseball Club.
- Perform treatment and rehab to the active roster on a daily basis.
- Assist with packing of trunks for a road trip and making sure our field kits are restocked daily.
- Assisting with the basic maintenance of the training room and hydrotherapy rooms.
- Assist in schedules for physicals at Scottsdale and Albuquerque.
- Communicated daily with the Head Athletic trainer on any new issues or injuries.
- Daily field coverage during batting practice and games.
- Communication with the Minor League Trainers and inform the Major League Trainer of any type of events.
- Assist with off season follow up calls and possible travel for follow ups with players.
- Assist with all medical documentation.
- Assist with on going educational seminars.
- Assist in all off season responsibilities including Instructional League, DR Instructional League, Mini Camps.
- Assist in all Covid related issues.
- Assist with Spring Training coverage.
- Assist in all the daily duties of an AAA Athletic Trainer including help with rental cars, meal money and other responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and NATABOC certification required.
- CPR & AED certification required.
- Must have or willing to obtain New Mexico state licensures and certifications, in good standing, to practice as a Certified Athletic Trainer in location assigned by the club
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support or American Red Cross Basic Life Support certification required.
- Proficient in ability to treat injuries, improve movement, manage pain, and return patients to proper functional activity.
- Ability to work well with other members of the Medical Team and Baseball Staff
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) Preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- 24/7 On Medical Call for Players, Staff Members, and Players Families.
- Travel during Championship Season with the Minor League Club and possible travel in the off season if directed.
- Responsible for overseeing the Training Room and Batting Practice along with field coverage.
- 1st Assistant Athletic Trainer at the AAA level will assist Head Trainer and all other Minor League Athletic Trainers in Spring Training.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary Range: $56,000
- We provide standard organization benefits including health insurance programs, retirement options, and education assistance programs. Specifics will be provided to candidates through the hiring process.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be received by December 20th at 4 PM.
- The estimated time to complete the recruitment process will be by January 15th, 2024.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Rockies baseball is for everyone! We pride ourselves on hiring, developing, and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. In addition, we will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities in compliance with the ADA. All employment and promotion decisions will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.