Job Title: Minor League Certified Athletic Trainer
Department: Baseball Operations – Player Development
Reports To: Director of Minor League Athletic Training
Job Purpose: Oversee the athletic training room and collaborate with medical staff at the assigned minor league affiliate to ensure proper health and safety of the players.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a full calendar year position with duties assigned throughout the competitive season as well as the off-season.
- Maintenance and operation of an organized and functional professional athletic training room;
- Planning and executing the daily evaluations, treatments of injuries/illnesses;
- Plan and execute the rehabilitation and functional progressions of athletes with collaboration of all aspects of Health & Performance staff as well as input from the player and field staff.
- Provide medical field coverage of games and practices as schedule dictates;
- Ensure proper field set-up and preparation to ensure a safe playing environment for the health and well-being of players and staff;
- Communicate effectively to relay pertinent information in a timely manner to the Director of Minor League Athletic Training and team physicians.
- Thorough, accurate documentation in the EMR to exceed the established minimum standards.
- Duties as assigned by the Player Development / Medical leadership.
- Off-season tasks and attendance of education and departmental meetings as scheduled are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing sensitive information, including HIPAA compliance and discretion are required.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and communication platforms in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EMR and Slack).
Experience, Education, Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree and NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer required.
- Maintain applicable state licensures and certifications, in good standing, to practice as a Certified Athletic Trainer in location assigned by the club.
- Previous work/educational experiences that have prepared the candidate for a start in professional baseball.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Ability to travel within the United States and the Dominican Republic.
- Willing to relocate. Location of employment is assigned by the club annually, to one of our affiliation cities around the United States and may be out of the country at our development complex currently located in the Dominican Republic.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To Apply: Click here to apply.