Right click on the image to save a copy and share with those interested.
Tobacco Free Webinar
“How to be Tobacco Free: Tools for When You’re Ready to Quit Spit Tobacco.”
- Spit tobacco contains 28 cancer-causing chemicals.
- The nicotine content in a can of dip is equal to 4 packs of cigarettes.
- The amount of nicotine in one dip, or chew, delivers 5 times the amount found in 1 cigarette.
- A dip in your mouth for 30 minutes gives you as much nicotine as smoking 3 cigarettes.
- Spit tobacco users have 50 times more likely chance of developing mouth cancers than non-users.
- The mortality rate 5 years after an oral cancer diagnosis is 43%.
- Spit tobacco users absorb 2-3 times the addictive nicotine amount than cigarette smokers.
- Over 45,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year. It will cause over 8,000 deaths, killing roughly 1 person every hour per day.