Job Title: Minor League Physical Therapist – Dominican Republic
Department: Player Development
Reports To: MiLB Rehab Coordinator
Location: Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
The Philadelphia Phillies are seeking a Licensed Physical Therapist for the 2024 season. The Minor League Physical Therapist – Dominican Republic will operate out of the Phillies Dominican Republic Academy in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic. This position will have the opportunity to learn in a fast-paced environment by participating in staff continuing education and formation of integrated player plans focused on injury prevention and performance enhancement. The Minor League Physical Therapist will work under the direct supervision of the Minor League Rehabilitation Coordinator. Additionally, the Minor League Physical Therapist will work closely with Affiliate Athletic Trainer, Minor League Medical/ATC Coordinator, Major League Head Athletic Trainer, Head Team Physician, and Medical Director.
- Provide rehabilitation and Physical Therapy services to athletes post surgery and non-operatively.
- Regular communication and collaboration with the MiLB Rehab Coordinator, MiLB Medical Coordinator, Affiliate Athletic Trainers, etc.
- Develop and maintain a schedule specific to athletes on the IL. Coordinate with field staff, strength & conditioning coaches, Athletic Trainers, and others to do so.
- Learn and assist in providing advanced clinical care, rehabilitation, and injury prevention programs pre and post-game.
- Learn to assist in the development of integrated player programs to aid in injury prevention and improve athletic performance.
- Collaborate with the S&C coach and assist in the weight room as needed.
- Aid in providing up-to-date medical documentation in MLB EMR system, maintaining standard operating procedures, and other administrative duties.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from a CAPTE Accredited program
- Ability to attain PT licensure in the state of Florida
- CPR/AED Certified
- Eligibility for appropriate state licensure as assigned
- Proficient Spanish / Bilingual (Spanish)
- NATABOC Certification
- APTA Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS)
- Residency trained Physical Therapist
- NSCA CSCS Certification
- Previous college/pro baseball or softball experience
- Previous sports / training room experience
- Spanish proficiency
The Phillies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to growing a workforce diverse in perspective and background. We proudly strive to build a group of employees who represent the fans and communities we currently, and aim to, serve.
To apply: Click here to apply.