Job Title: Major League Massage Therapist
Job Status: Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Summary: The Philadelphia Phillies are seeking a licensed massage therapist (LMT) for the 2024 Major League Championship season to provide massage therapy services to the major league players under the guidance of the head athletic trainer.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide massage therapy services incorporating appropriate soft tissue mobilization techniques and stretching.
- Alert the medical staff of any potential injury
- Effectively communicate with the medical staff on treatment applications and treatment responses.
- Integrate and support high performance staff to provide the highest quality of care to the major league players.
- Participate in creating a clean, professional, and positive environment with up-to-date sanitization requirements.
- Maintain an organized treatment schedule and adequate treatment records.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Eligible and in good standing for Pennsylvania state massage therapy licensure.
- 2+ years previous experience working with major league baseball players or equivalent experience working with high-level professional sport athletes
- CPR / AED Certified
- Bilingual: Spanish or Japanese
- The position will be a part of the travel party during the entire 2024 Championship Season.
- Spring Training from February to March in Clearwater, FL.
- Flexible schedule from November to late January.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024