JOB TITLE: Athletic Trainer Associate (Multiple Locations)
DEPARTMENT: Medical / Player Development
JOB STATUS: Seasonal Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Minor League Medical Coordinator
LOCATIONS: Reading, PA; Lakewood, NJ; Clearwater, FL
The Philadelphia Phillies are seeking Certified Athletic Trainer Associates for the 2023 season. Beginning February 27th, and completing at the end of the assigned affiliate season or post-season. The affiliates include the Reading Fightin Phils in Reading, PA, Jersey Shore BlueClaws in Lakewood, NJ, Clearwater Threshers in Clearwater, FL, and the Florida Complex League (FCL) in Clearwater, FL. The Associates will be paid a salary for the season with housing allowance (if applicable) and meal money during travel. No benefit package will be offered.
Associates will have the opportunity to learn in a fast-paced environment by participating in staff continuing education and formation of integrated player plans focused on injury prevention and performance enhancement. Associates will work under the direct supervision of the Affiliate Athletic Trainer, Minor League Medical/ATC Coordinator, Minor League Rehabilitation Coordinator, Major League Head Athletic Trainer, Head Team Physician, and Medical Director.
- Provide field coverage for practice and games both at home and on the road.
- Learn and assist in providing advanced clinical care, rehabilitation, and injury prevention programs pre and post-game.
- Learn to assist in the development of integrated player programs to aid in injury prevention and improve athletic performance.
- Collaborate with the S&C coach and assist in the weight room as needed.
- Aid in providing up-to-date medical documentation in MLB EMR system, maintaining standard operating procedures, and other administrative duties.
- NATABOC Certification at time of application
- CPR/AED Certified
- Eligibility for appropriate state licensure as assigned
- Applicants are expected to fulfill the duration of the position
- Previous college/pro baseball or softball experience
- Spanish proficiency
- M.S. or other advanced degree/study
- NSCA Certification
- Manual Therapy Courses/CEUs
The Phillies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to growing a workforce diverse in perspective and background. We proudly strive to build a group of employees who represent the fans and communities we currently, and aim to, serve.