The Athletic Trainer Intern is a Certified Athletic Trainer responsible for assisting the Minor League medical, strength & conditioning, and nutrition staffs with the implementation of treatments and monitoring of Nationals players and staff as assigned. The intern will directly assist the AAA Athletic Trainer. Position base location is in Rochester, NY and includes team travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries and general medical conditions
- Assist with doctor visits, special testing appointments and entrance / exit physicals
- Injury documentation
- Assist with field coverage and set up
- Assist with medical supply ordering and inventory control
- Communicate with Athletic Trainers and doctors regarding medical / player status updates
- Other duties as assigned
- NATA Certification
- State Certification where applicable
- CPR and AED certified
- Available for entire term of internship, beginning in March 2024 and concluding at the end of the 2024 FL Instructional League
- Authorized to work in the United States Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Previous baseball experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with dedication to the care of players and staff
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do and help us succeed on and off the field. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction –
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity outdoor professional sports venue. May work at Employees will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to throw/catch, stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for own housing cost while at base location in Rochester, NY. Meal money and housing provided while traveling with team.
- Send cover letter and resume to: Gene Basham – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resumes accepted until position is filled
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.