Position: Seasonal Certified Athletic Trainer – MLB Draft League: June 4 – September 4, 2024
Background: The Certified Athletic Trainer will support the day-to-day operations of the MLB Draft League (Draft League) and its six teams. The 2024 Draft League will play an 80-game season, split into two halves. The first half (35 games) will run from June 4th – July 13th and feature amateur players preparing for the current year’s draft. The second half (45 games, plus one game Championship on September 5) will run from July 18th – September 4th, with professional players working to receive a free-agent contract with one the 30 MLB teams. First half rosters will carry 32 players per team, while second half will consist of 26-man rosters. The Draft League will put the athlete first, providing them access to data and technology, direct Club exposure, and elite-level coaching.
Certified Athletic Trainers in the Draft League will support one of the 6 teams in providing medical coverage and first-aid care for an assigned team for the length of the league. The Certified Athletic Trainer will work closely with the coaching staff and strength and conditioning coordinator on both communicating and maintaining the health and well-being of the athletes. Additionally, the Certified Athletic Trainer will provide game and practice coverage, daily treatments, injury prevention, COVID-19 intake (if necessary), rehabilitation of injuries, and maintain incident reports during season. Candidates should be a certified athletic trainer with experience at the collegiate and/or professional level.
Draft League cities include Niles, OH; Frederick, MD; Morgantown, WV; Trenton, NJ; State College, PA; Williamsport, PA.
For more information on the MLB Draft League, visit www.mlb.com/mlb-draft-league.
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with best practices and minimum industry standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized athletic training room and workspace with up-to-date sterilization standards and best practices.
- Assist in conducting and implementing League-wide COVID-19 testing and protocols. (If necessary)
- Daily communication of player’s injury status with the player’s Draft League manager and Draft League Executive Director.
- Provide day-to-day setup for practices and games for home and visiting teams.
- Travel will be required, as trainers will need to be present at home and away games.
- Assist coaching staff with any necessary task associated with road trips.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association-Board of Certification in good standing
- State Licensure in good standing
- CPR/AED certification
- Professional Liability Insurance
Please Submit Resume and Licensure Information to: Contact@majorleagueactivation.com
Deadline to submit Resumes will be Jan 15, 2024.