Provides rehabilitative treatment and services across the Brewer’s minor/major league system for both operative and non-operative patients. These services include but are not limited to therapeutic exercise prescription, manual therapy, patient education, development and management of player throwing programs, and management of return to play situations.
The minor league physical therapist will work alongside the entire medical staff (certified athletic trainers and strength and conditioning specialists) to help develop and implement programs across the minor league system.
The minor league physical therapist will document all services provided in Major League Baseball’s online EMR system. The minor league physical therapist will also assist in the coordination of the clinical affiliation internship program for physical therapy students, potentially take students of his/her own.
The minor league physical therapist will help coordinate and perform pre and post season physicals for both major and minor league players.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with supervision and education of the minor league medical staff which includes athletic trainers, strength & conditioning personnel.
- Treat injured players with attention to injury prevention, medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Inform minor league athletic training coordinator of all medical treatments, evaluations, or exams performed on players.
- Coordinate all physical therapy internship programs with accredited college/university programs. Maintain accurate records of all interns at the Maryvale Baseball Park. Ensure that all internship candidates meet the requirements and continue the educational requirements of the physical therapy program of the college/university.
- Maintain all records and evaluations of physical therapy internship students. Ensure proper communication with the physical therapy internship students’ academic advisor.
- Supervises training room and maintains discipline both on and off the field assuring proper conduct that appropriately represents the Milwaukee Brewers organization.
- Keep accurate medical records in the MLB EMR as it pertains to major and minor league players injuries and rehabilitation.
- Work in conjunction with/supervise strength & conditioning specialists on developing comprehensive programs for all rehabilitation players.
- Minor League Physical Therapist may be required to be involved in an interval throwing program with rehabilitation players.
- Assist with the transition of players from formal physical therapy to functional field activities.
- Assist with field and game coverage on an as needed basis
- Assist with general athletic training room duties, such as, but not limited to: administrative duties, Impact screenings, supply and inventory, transportation of players to and from physician visits.