The New York Mets have Athletic Training Associate positions available at various affiliate sites in Florida, New York, and the Dominican Republic for the 2024 season. These positions will give an Athletic Trainer the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while being part of a multi-disciplinary performance department. The associates selected for these roles will have a variety of responsibilities as assigned by the affiliate head athletic trainer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide evidence-based assessments, management, and rehabilitation plans for injuries under supervision of the assigned head athletic trainer.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational and individual programs.
- Daily game and work out coverage including pre/post game treatments and field set up.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the affiliate athletic trainer or medical coordinator.
- Analyze objective monitoring data to make decisions about individualized evaluation and interventions.
- Athletic Training associates will be compensated on an hourly basis and are eligible for overtime.
- All positions begin upon the start of January 1, 2024 and will end November 30, 2024.
- No benefits are provided.
- Travel is paid for by the Organization.
- Candidates must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- Hours for this position may vary week to week; candidates must be available and prepared to work nights and weekends.
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification required
- New graduates welcome to apply.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Hours for this position may vary week to week; candidates must be available and prepared to work nights and weekends
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Salary Range: $15-$16 an hour
To Apply: Click here to apply for this position.