The New York Mets have multiple seasonal Athletic Training positions available for the 2023 season. These positions will give new graduates the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while being part of a multi-disciplinary performance department. The associates selected for these roles will have a variety of responsibilities as assigned by the affiliate Head Athletic Trainer. This is a fixed-term position that will run through the 2023 Minor League season.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide evidence-based assessments, management, and rehabilitation plans for injuries under supervision of the assigned Head Athletic Trainer.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational and individual programs.
- Observe kinetic chain impairments through orthopedic screens and develop an action plan to correct impairments and mitigate potential time lost due to injury.
- Perform objective monitoring of players and make appropriate intervention recommendations based on the results.
- Administer recovery strategies pre- and post-game to mitigate cumulative workload stress and expedite player recovery and readiness.
- Educate and provide first layer of support in identifying illness and beginning the process of treatment to prevent potential transmission to others.
- Daily game and work out coverage including pre/post treatments and field set up.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the affiliate Athletic Trainer, Medical Coordinator, or Athletic Training Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple interdepartmental personnel.
- Evidence-based knowledge in acute care of injury and illness, clinical and on-field assessment and diagnosis, therapeutic intervention modalities and corrective exercise prescription.
- Must be able to travel with the affiliate team.
- Must be able to work unconventional hours.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Salary Range: $18/hr
To Apply: Click Here.