Summary of Responsibilities:
The St. Louis Cardinals baseball club is seeking candidates for a Minor League Athletic Trainer position. Minor League Athletic Trainers are the primary medical provider at all affiliate clubs and are also integral in the prevention programs as well as administrative processes regarding travel. Minor League Athletic Trainers work closely with the Minor League S&C to carry out the specific testing and performance programming for the Minor League players. In season, the Minor League ATCs will report to the manager at each affiliate for their day to day operations and will be guided by the systematic process outlined by the Performance Department protocols.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Implement and direct medical care to players and staff at the affiliates within the scope that is outlined. Implement injury prevention programs at each affiliate in collaboration with appropriate staff.
- Communicate progress, issues, plans, etc. for each player to appropriate parties to ensure consistency
- Daily communication during season with the team manager and other uniform staff as appropriate along with close interaction with team SC in order to ensure consistency with workload monitoring and programming
- Consistent communication with Minor League Medical Coordinator and Director of Performance as needed regarding progress and development of the minor league medical process at the affiliate.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine or related field; or combination of years of experience and education
- Current ATC certification
- 1-2+ years of experience working as Athletic Trainer in team setting
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Good organizational, communication, and soft skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Current CSCS certification
- 3+ years of experience working as Athletic Trainer in team setting
- 1-2+ years of experience with professional athletes in a team setting
- Proactive problem solving and familiarity with data integration into programming
- Ability to dialogue in Spanish
Apply using this link: https://stlcardinals.aaimtrack.com/jobs/286018.html