Department: Sports Medicine & Performance
Supervisor: Coordinator, Minor League Medical
Classification: Contract Full-time/Exempt
This position is a full-time contract position including full benefits and CEU opportunities. This position will require daily interaction with field staff, team physicians, the Minor League Medical Coordinator, as well as other staff and front office members and player care responsibilities. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, Spring Training and assigned coverage with one of our affiliates. Additional off-season coverage of the Florida Instructional League may be required as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The prevention and care of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Coordinating & facilitating physician appointments and imaging
- Proper medical record keeping within the EMR system
- Onsite care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation
- Assess risk of injury, perform ergonomic evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation and overall wellness promotion
- Electronic documentation of all patient encounters
- Collaboration with other team members to provide athlete care, including strength coaches, sport scientists, dietitians, skill coaches, mental skills coaches, etc.
- Review and application of data (strength, power, ROM, etc.) to make best decisions regarding player care
- Coordinate and implement injury prevention programs and customized preventative strategies and programs to each patient
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education and prevention strategies
- Provide accommodation recommendations, related to sport, for athletes with restrictions or limitations
- Communicate with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes
- Carry out medical care for assigned athletes per the sports medicine standard operating procedures
- Responsible for administrative and other duties as assigned by Minor League Medical Coordinator
Education and/or Experience:
- NATA-BOC and in good standing
- Eligible for FL State Licensure as well as affiliate State Licensure
- CPR/AED certification required
- Previous baseball experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Experience with sport science technology preferred, but not required
The work will largely be performed at a sports venue (indoor or outdoor- hold/cold environment) that could be heavily crowded with high activity. This job operates both outside on a baseball field and in an office setting. At times the noise could become excessive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and/or climb up/down stairs; may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and/or move/lift up to 100lbs of equipment or supplies; use hands handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Medium strength is required to position patients for examination. May assist patients as needed, helping them on and off the exam table.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require a flexible schedule. This position requires travel throughout the entire scouting season.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply using this link: