The Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society has announced that Atlanta Braves’ pitcher Kyle Wright has won the top prize in the 2023 Rolex Raffle and will be awarded a Rolex Submariner, provided by Henry Kay Jewelers.
Wright becomes a member of the Rolex Raffle winner’s fraternity and joins the likes of Anthony Rizzo, Gary DiSarcina, David Peralta, Eric Hosmer, Paul Konerko, Mike Trout, Kelly Shoppach, Michael Cuddyer, among others.
Joining Wright as winners in this year’s Rolex Raffle are:
- 2nd place winner of the Baume & Mercier Stainless Blue Dial — Edwin Diaz (Pitcher, New York Mets)
- 3rd place winner of the NormaTec Recovery System — Justin Hahn (Dir. of Minor League Medical Services, Kansas City Royals)
- 4th place winner of the NormaTec Recovery System — Andrew Vaughn (First Baseman, Chicago White Sox)
- 5th place winner of the H-Wave Marc Pro Recovery Unit — Ty France (First Baseman, Seattle Mariners)
- 6th place winner of the Hypervolt Soft Tissue Gun — Rafael Devers (Third Baseman, Boston Red Sox)
The Rolex Raffle benefits the Jimmy Warfield and Bill Buhler PBATS’ Educational Scholarships.
“This raffle is a great way to create awareness for PBATS scholarship programs and all that we try to do for the community and profession of athletic training. Ken Crenshaw of the Diamondbacks does a great job making this happen each year, and of course, we couldn’t do it without the help of all our athletic trainers and sports medicine and performance staff members league-wide. We always appreciate everyone who participates in the raffle to help raise funds for those in need,” said PBATS President Ron Porterfield.
PBATS continues to serve as an educational resource for the Major League and Minor League Baseball athletic trainers, by providing members with educational information as it relates to the profession while helping to improve the understanding of sports medicine so as to better promote the health of professional baseball players.
A huge thanks goes out to Henry Kay Jewelers, Normatec, Howard Kaplan, Marc Pro and Hypervolt for supplying prizes for the 2023 Rolex Raffle.
For more information about PBATS programs, please visit the PBATS programs page.