ATLANTA (September 12, 2022) – President Ron Porterfield of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) today announced the winners of the Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year Awards for the 2022 baseball season.
The PBATS Minor League Baseball awards are given annually to one member of each of the 14 leagues in Minor League Baseball. An additional award is given to the Minor League Coordinator of the Year.
“I’m very excited to announce PBATS’ 2022 Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year,” Porterfield said. “This very talented group of athletic trainers have truly made an impact in their organizations, at every level, and will continue to do so for years to come. To win an award voted on by your fellow athletic trainers in Minor League Baseball is a fantastic accomplishment for any athletic trainer. We’re extremely proud of all of the winners, and they all deserve a huge congratulations from PBATS membership and their respective organizations.”
“I also want to recognize the efforts of Frank Neville of the Milwaukee Brewers, who leads the PBATS committee which oversees the voting process for the Minor League Baseball athletic training awards. Their efforts never go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated,” added Porterfield.
All 15 winners are eligible for the prestigious Minor League Athletic Trainer of the Year award to be voted upon by the full membership of PBATS at the 2022 MLB winter meetings in San Diego, California.
2022 Minor League Athletic Training Award Winners:
- Coordinator: Corey Tremble (Detroit Tigers)
- International League: Dan Martin (Memphis Redbirds + St. Louis Cardinals)
- Pacific Coast League: Carlos Olivas (Round Rock Express + Texas Rangers)
- Eastern League: Chris Vick (Erie Seawolves + Detroit Tigers)
- Southern League: Matthew Deal (Biloxi Shuckers + Milwaukee Brewers)
- Texas League: Jesse Guffey (Tulsa Drillers + Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Florida State League: Josh Hobson (Daytona Tortugas + Cincinnati Reds)
- California League: Maritza Castro (Lake Elsinore Storm + San Diego Padres)
- Carolina League: Jeremy Kneebusch (Kannapolis Cannon + Chicago White Sox)
- Midwest League: Brad Groleau (Quad Cities River Bandits + Kansas City Royals)
- South Atlantic League: Jonathan Becker (Hudson Valley Renegades + New York Yankees)
- Northwest League: Dylan Culwell (Tri-Cities Dust Devils + Los Angeles Angels)
- Arizona Complex League: Kazuma Fukuzumi (ACL Royals + Kansas City Royals)
- Florida Complex League: Jennifer Bardales (FCL Astros + Houston Astros)
- Dominican Summer League: Wilson O. Boada (DSL Pirates + Pittsburgh Pirates)
For more information on the 2022 award winners and additional PBATS awards, please contact Sam Radbil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT PBATS: The mission of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) is to serve as an educational resource for the Major League and Minor League Baseball athletic trainers. For more information, please visit www.pbats.com