ATLANTA (December 9, 2021) – President Ron Porterfield of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) today announced the winners of the Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year Awards for the 2021 baseball season, along with the winner of the overall Minor League Athletic Trainer of the Year award.
Historically, the Minor League Baseball awards were given annually to one member of each of the 16 leagues in Minor League Baseball, as well as one award for the Dominican Summer League. An additional award was given to the Minor League Coordinator of the Year.
In 2021, due to changes in structure at the Minor League Baseball level, PBATS will be presenting 15 Minor League awards.
“I’m thrilled to announce PBATS’ 2021 Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year,” Porterfield said. “This amazing group of athletic trainers have had such a huge impact on their organizations, at every level, and will continue to do so for years to come. To win an award voted on by your peers is an amazing accomplishment for any athletic trainer in any sport. These talented professionals should be extremely proud of their awards and excited about their careers going forward.”
“I also want to recognize the efforts of Frank Neville of the Milwaukee Brewers, who leads the PBATS committee which oversees the voting process for the Minor League Baseball athletic training awards. Their efforts never go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated,” added Porterfield.
All 15 winners were eligible for the prestigious Minor League Athletic Trainer of the Year award voted upon by the full membership of PBATS.
Here are the 2021 winners of the Minor League Baseball athletic training awards:
- Coordinator: Corey Tremble (Detroit Tigers)
- AAA East: Caleb Daniel (Toronto Blue Jays)
- AAA West: Carlos Olivas (Texas Rangers)
- AA Central: Chris Whitman (St. Louis Cardinals)
- AA Northeast: Scott Gallon (Boston Red Sox)
- AA South: Dan Leja (Atlanta Braves)
- High A Central: Danny Accola (Kansas City Royals)
- High A East: Victor Silva (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- High A West: Damon Reel (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- Low A East: Kirby Craft (Washington Nationals)
- Low A Southeast: Wade Hebrink (Cincinnati Reds)
- Low A West: Nick Faciana (Los Angeles Angels)
- Arizona Complex League: Mickey Clarizo (Colorado Rockies)
- Florida Complex League: Asja Morello (Minnesota Twins)
- Dominican Summer League: Derrik Diaz (Cleveland Indians)
Additionally, PBATS is proud to announce Mickey Clarizio as the overall winner of the 2021 Minor League Baseball Athletic Trainer of the Year. Mickey is the prestigious winner of this honorable award as voted on by his peers. PBATS would like to congratulate Mickey and the Colorado Rockies on this fantastic achievement.
For more information on additional PBATS awards, including the Major League Baseball Athletic Training Staff of the Year, please click here.
ABOUT PBATS: The mission of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) is to serve as an educational resource for the Major League and Minor League Baseball athletic trainers. For more information, please visit www.pbats.com