ATLANTA (Aug. 14, 2019) – President Ron Porterfield of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) today announced the winners of the Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year Awards for the 2019 baseball season.
These awards are given annually to one member of each of the 16 leagues in Minor League Baseball, as well as one award for the Dominican Summer League. An additional award is given to the Minor League Coordinator of the Year.
“I’m happy to announce PBATS’ 2019 Minor League Athletic Trainers of the Year,” Porterfield said. “These athletic trainers have had such a huge impact on their organizations, at every level. To win an award voted on by your peers is a true honor for any athletic trainer in the game of baseball. These talented men and women are the future of athletic training and they should be extremely proud of their accomplishments and the future to come.”
“I also want to recognize the efforts of Frank Neville, Dave Walker, Justin Sharpe, Geoff Hostetter and Scott Murayama, who are all members of the PBATS committee which oversees the voting process for the Minor League Baseball athletic training awards. Their efforts are extremely important in this process and do not go unnoticed,” added Porterfield.
All 16 league winners, the Dominican Summer League winner and the Minor League Coordinator of the Year will now be eligible for the prestigious Minor League Athletic Trainer of the Year award voted upon by the full membership of PBATS.
That award will be given at the 2019 Major League Baseball Winter Meetings in San Diego, Calif. later this year.
Here are the 2019 winners:
- Coordinator: Patrick Serbus
- International League: Chris McDonald
- Pacific Coast League: Brad LaRosa
- Eastern League: Caleb A. Daniel
- Southern League: Tyler Moos
- Texas League: BJ Downie
- Florida State League: Matthew DenBleyker
- California League: Michael Powell
- Carolina League: Nate Stewart
- Midwest League: James Edwards
- South Atlantic League: Darren Yoos
- New York – Penn League: Joseph Olsiewicz
- Northwest League: Dominic Alejandre
- Appalachian League: Manny Ozoa
- Pioneer League: Chelsea Willette
- Arizona League: Derrick Decker
- Gulf Coast League: Cody Derby
- Dominican Summer: Oscar Orengo, Jr.
ABOUT PBATS: The mission of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) is to serve as an educational resource for the Major League and Minor League Baseball athletic trainers. For more information, please visit www.pbats.com