POSITION: Athletic Training Seasonal Assistant (Feb 1-Oct 31)
LEVEL OF POSITION: Minor League Affiliates (Toledo, OH; Erie, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Lakeland, FL)
ORGANIZATION: Detroit Tigers
JOB STATUS: Athletic Training Seasonal Assistant
CONTACT PERSON(S): Corey Tremble (Medical Coordinator)
METHOD OF CONTACT: email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Detroit Tigers are looking for athletic training seasonal assistants for our four minor league affiliates (Toledo, Erie, West Michigan, Lakeland). The applicant would report as part of the Detroit Tigers Sport Medicine Staff in February (Spring Training) and would assist in the care during Minor League Spring Training and the 2023 Minor League Championship Season. Applicants should expect an opportunity to grow as a clinician in professional baseball while gaining valued experience through interprofessional collaboration.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in pre-participation examinations/measurements, practice/game coverage, use of the Major League Baseball EMR, and the six domains of athletic training (injury prevention, clinical evaluation and diagnosis, immediate care, treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning, organization and administration, and professional responsibility). The applicant must be able to communicate effectively with the Medical Coordinator, Strength and Conditioning Staff, Field Staff, and Front Office. Relocation to Lakeland for Spring Training and the assigned affiliate is required with housing provided.
- Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer through the Board of Certification, or be enrolled in a CAATE accredited program and eligible to sit for the BOC exam prior to the position start date
- Eligible for Florida State Licensure
- Eligible for Practicing Affiliate State Licensure (OH, PA, or MI)
- Previous Baseball Experience preferred, but not required
- Applicants are expected to fulfill the entirety of the position
- Health Benefits Available
- Housing Available
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled.