POSITION: Certified Athletic Trainer – Part time
LEVEL OF POSITION: Entry Level (Rookie) Peoria Arizona
ORGANIZATION: Seattle Mariners
JOB STATUS: Part-time (6-months) Mid-February to Early September
CONTACT PERSON(S): Jimmy Southard
METHOD OF CONTACT: Email – email@example.com
Location: Peoria, AZ Assist AZL Athletic Trainer with:
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and referral of athletic injuries.
- Accurate and timely communication with team physicians regarding players whom require medical referral during the season.
- Scheduling of appointments for injured players with appropriate physicians and obtain the documentation following these visits to include in permanent records.
- Facilitate maintenance exercise programs. Ensure compliance of shoulder / elbow strengthening and rest & recovery programs..
- Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries.
- Monitor pitchers throwing programs; working with the affiliate Pitching Coach.
- Assist coordinating entrance and exit physicals for players joining roster during season from other clubs (not involved in our pre-participation physicals).
- Become familiar with and monitor the implementation of the conditioning and performance programs of each player.
- Daily communication with Field Manager updating health status of the affiliate.
- Organize exit physicals for manager, coaching staff and players at end of season.
- Organize the end of season follow-up testing ordered by local team physician during completion of exit physicals and develop off-season maintenance programs for players that finished the season with assigned affiliate. Report treatment plans to the Athletic Training Coordinator for off season follow-up.
- Applicants must be NATABOC certified and in good standing with the NATA at the time of application.
- Applicants must be either licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Arizona.
- Applicants with Professional Baseball experience preferred.
- Experience with DNS, PRI, and SFMA/FMS concepts preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.