POSITION: Minor League Certified Athletic Trainer
LEVEL OF POSITION: Affiliate Level TBD
ORGANIZATION: Seattle Mariners
JOB STATUS: Full Time
CONTACT PERSON(S): John Walker MPT, CSCS
METHOD OF CONTACT: Email: Send resume, cover letter, and references to Jwalker@mariners.com
The Seattle Mariners are looking for a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer for the A-ball/A+ affiliate teams. This staff member will be part of the High-Performance staff during Spring Training and then transition with the affiliate for the entirety of the season.
Primary job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Athletic training services and sports medicine care for the assigned minor league affiliate
- Competency in injury evaluation, injury management, rehabilitation and treatment based interventions, and documentation
- Communication with the Medical Coordinator on injury management process
- Communication with team physicians, HP Director, as well as Player Development staff
- Professional values in line with organizational standards
- Off-season camps and organization staff development opportunities per situational needs
The salary will be based on experience. Full benefits will be offered.
- Current NATA BOC Certification and CPR/AED Certification required
- Eligible for licensure in the states of Arizona, California, West Virginia required
- Prior professional baseball experience preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.