POSITION: Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer
LEVEL OF POSITION: Entry Level
ORGANIZATION: Seattle Mariners
JOB STATUS: Full Time
CONTACT PERSON(S): Rick Griffin, Rob Nodine and Jimmy Southard
The Minor League Athletic Trainer assigned to a minor league affiliate team of the Seattle Mariners shall direct and lead all medical and conditioning aspects of assigned affiliate. That Athletic Trainer is responsible and accountable for all of the assigned duties listed.
Each Athletic Trainer reports directly to the Minor League Athletic Training Coordinator. Each Athletic Trainer also must communicate with, report to, and work under the guidance of the Medical Director. Each shall also communicate with, report to, and work under the guidance of the local affiliate Team Physicians. The athletic trainer at each affiliate level will coordinate with the performance coach on all injured players’ performance programs.
JOB DUTIES PRIMARILY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and referral of athletic injuries.
- Administration of the athletic training room and related tasks required to team travel, petty cash justification, etc.
- Accurate daily record keeping of injury reports and treatment records.
- Timely reporting of injuries and treatments to the Minor League Athletic Training Coordinator per injury tracking protocol outlined in the Athletic Training manual.
- Accurate and timely communication with team physicians regarding players whom require medical referral during the season.
- Scheduling of appointments for injured players with appropriate physicians, and obtain the documentation for these visits following to include in permanent records.
- Facilitate maintenance exercise programs. Ensure compliance of shoulder / elbow strengthening and rest & recovery programs outlined in the manual.
- Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries.
- Monitor pitchers throwing programs; working with the affiliate pitching Coach.
- Coordinate entrance and exit physicals for players joining roster during season from other clubs (not involved in our pre-participation physicals.).
- Supervise, coordinate, monitor conditioning programs with daily communication with manager and performance staff.
- Organize the end of season follow-up testing ordered by local team physician during completion of exit physicals and develop off-season maintenance programs for players that finished the season with assigned affiliate. Report treatment plans to the Athletic Training Coordinator for off season follow-up.
- Applicants must be NATABOC certified and in good standing with the NATA at the time of application.
- Applicants must be either licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Arizona.
- Applicants Professional Baseball experience preferred.
- Experience with DNS, PRI, and SFMA/FMS concepts preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.