Job Title: Certified Athletic Trainer – Player Development
Department: Health & Performance
Reports To: Director of Athletic Training
Job Purpose: Certified Athletic Trainer committed to promoting the health and performance of the Cincinnati Reds with the goal of winning World Series Championships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a full calendar position with duties assigned throughout the competitive season as well as the “off-season”.
- Maintenance and operation of an organized and functional professional athletic training room;
- Planning and executing the daily evaluations, treatments of injuries/illnesses;
- Plan and execute the rehabilitation and functional progressions of athletes with collaboration of all aspects of Health & Performance staff as well as input from the player and field staff.
- Provide medical field coverage of games and practices as schedule dictates;
- Ensure proper field set-up and preparation to ensure a safe playing environment for the health and well-being of players and staff;
- Communicate effectively to relay pertinent information in a timely manner to the Director of Athletic Training and team physicians.
- Thorough, accurate documentation in the EMR to exceed the established minimum standards.
- Duties as assigned by the Health & Performance leadership.
- “Off-season” tasks and attendance of education and departmental meetings as scheduled are required.
Experience, Education, Licensure, Certifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer required.
- Maintain applicable state licensures and certifications, in good standing, to practice as a Certified Athletic Trainer in location assigned by the club.
- Previous work/educational experiences that have prepared the candidate for a start in professional baseball.
- Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required. (Spanish/English)
- Typical athletic training room and athletic field coverage work environment; HIPAA compliance and discretion are required.
- Employee will have outdoor responsibilities where the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Required work hours will include nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Location of employment is assigned by the club annually, to one of our affiliation cities around the United States and may be out of the country at our development complex currently located in the Dominican Republic.
- Commitment to the Cincinnati Reds Core Values and Health & Performance Department’s Core Values.
- Act as a role model in the community outside the Cincinnati Reds organization.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet job specific duties expectations and productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.