POSITION: Minor League Athletic Trainer
LOCATION: Florida Complex League (Rookie), Fort Myers, FL & Greenville Drive (High-A), Greenville, SC
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Athletic Training Coordinator
METHOD OF CONTACT: Please apply at https://jobs.lever.co/redsox/d2dfe6b4-b7d1-4590-8d5d-83e21dcbc037
The Boston Red Sox are hiring multiple Minor League Athletic Trainers for the 2023 season at our minor league affiliates (placement/assignment is dependent on experience and organizational needs). Start date and position availability are contingent on official changes to MiLB season. The position includes but is not limited to being part of the Athletic Training staff during spring training, off-season check ins, fall performance programs and affiliated championship season. The ATCs will work under the direct supervision of the Minor League Athletic Training Coordinator, Head Minor League Team Physician, and Head MLB Athletic Trainer.
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation protocols
- Collaborate with various coaches and departments to provide high quality sports medicine care
- Proper documentation within the MLB EMR system
- Various administrative duties/reporting procedures
- Coordinate and administer infection control duties
- Scheduling and execution of athlete monitoring assessments and data collection for Strength and Conditioning, Health & Performance, Sports Science and other baseball initiatives
- Interested applicants should be a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Eligible for state athletic training licensure in affiliated state
- Applicants are expected to fulfill the duration of the position
- Preferable if applicants have prior baseball experience and/or additional certifications
- Bilingual Preferred – Spanish highly recommended
- Willingness to relocate to Fort Myers, FL is preferred
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements. Up-to-date means having received all recommended COVID-19 vaccination doses in the primary series and a booster dose(s) when eligible, per CDC guidelines.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.