POSITION: DR Academy Athletic Trainer
ORGANIZATION: Boston Red Sox
DEPARTMENT: Player Development/Minor League Medical
LOCATION: San Antonio de Guerra, DR/Red Sox DR Academy
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
METHOD OF CONTACT: Please apply at https://jobs.lever.co/redsox/ad02ab84-0819-42e7-bc45-b64370bc6c1f
The DR Academy Trainer will serve on the medical staff at the Red Sox DR Academy in the Dominican Republic. The role is primarily responsible for daily oversight during all phases of the Academy’s yearly operation. This includes pre-season programs, the DSL season, fall programs, and off-season check-ins.
The function of the DR Medical Staff includes working collaboratively with the on-field coaches/coordinators, strength & conditioning staff, nutrition, sport science, biomechanics, etc. to optimize for performance and development through ensuring the health and safety of the Red Sox Minor League player pool. The role will directly report to the Latin American Athletic Training Coordinator with oversight from the Minor League Athletic Training Coordinator and the Director, Sport Medicine Services.
As the Red Sox continue to build a team capable of being the standard in player AND Staff development, we are looking for candidates who are organized, inquisitive, intellectually curious, data-driven, and open minded. Due to the nature of the role the candidate must also possess strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork/leadership skills.
- Serve the DR Academy medical operations which align with the organization and department’s needs under the direction of the Latin American Athletic Training Coordinator. This includes various administrative duties and reporting procedures.
- Provide preventative care, evaluate, treat, and short-term rehabilitative care to all players at the DR Academy.
- Proper documentation within the MLB EMR system.
- Communicate consistently with appropriate leadership staff regarding the status of DSL players.
- Facilitate the scheduling and execution of athlete monitoring assessments and data collection under the direction of Strength & Conditioning, Health & Performance, Sport Science, and On-Field Staff.
- Certified ATC.
- Eligible for state athletic training licensure in Florida.
- Experience in baseball and additional certifications is preferred.
- English and Spanish fluency preferred.
- Role is primarily based out of the DR Academy in San Antonio de Guerra, DR and will be expected to spend time in Fort Myers during Spring Training and other events communicated by the club.
- Representation at any events and meetings deemed appropriate by the Club. Additional travel as assigned by leadership.