Title: Minor League Athletic Trainer
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are hiring for multiple opportunities with our minor league Athletic Training staff. We seek individuals who are hungry to learn, proactive in communication, and dedicated to the health and wellbeing of our athletes on and off the field. Beyond daily practice and game or rehab coverage, we are seeking athletic trainers who are driven to work as part of an interdisciplinary team alongside strength, performance science, nutrition, and mental performance staff. The specific placement of this role will be determined throughout the interview process taking into consideration our candidates’ backgrounds and experience.
Department: Player Development, Medical
Reporting Relationships: The Minor League Athletic Trainer will report to an assigned Minor League Medical Coordinator and Director of Minor League Operations
- Provide prevention, evaluation, care, and treatment of athletic injuries
- Connect with athletes from varied backgrounds to establish trust and deliver optimal player care
- Establish and preserve an efficient athletic training room
- Maintain thorough records in the EMR system, according to the standards established by Major League Baseball
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the Minor League Medical Coordinator, field staff, and front office staff pertaining to injury-related updates and player availability
- Coordinate medical appointments as needed, aiding in the establishment and maintenance of our local physician network and coverage
- Assist in off-season player outreach and follow-up
- Participate in departmental continuing education
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Minor League Operations and/or the Minor League Medical Coordinator
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- Eligible for Florida Athletic Trainer Licensure
- CPR and AED Certifications
- Familiarity with Major League Baseball’s Electronic Medical Record System (Athlete RMS), or working knowledge of EMR best practices and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in Spanish strongly preferred but not required
Location: This position will be based out of Port Charlotte, FL., or one of our minor league affiliates
- Considering limited available time and the varied responsibilities of an athletic trainer, how do you prioritize your day?
- Please list the different sports you have athletic training experience with. If you do not have baseball experience, please reflect upon how your accumulated experience will translate to a baseball setting.
- Do you speak any additional languages? If yes, please indicate what language and your level of proficiency.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
Statement: All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Acknowledgment: (Yes/No) I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.