Title: Certified Athletic Trainer – Dominican Republic Academy
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer to work in our Dominican Republic Academy. This ATC will work hand in hand with other local medical staff and will act as an immediate liaison with the Latin American Medical Administrator regarding all medical issues pertaining to Dominican Academy players and staff. Outside of the DSL Season, this individual will also have the opportunity to assist in various camps and instructional league at our Player Development complex in Port Charlotte, FL.
Department: Player Development, Medical
Reporting Relationships: This role will report directly to the Latin American Medical Administrator and Director of Minor League Operations
- Prevention, evaluation, care, and treatment of athletic injuries
- Provide medical coverage of games, practices, tryouts, and other academy activities
- Connect with athletes from varied backgrounds to establish trust and deliver optimal player care
- Establish and preserve an efficient athletic training room
- Maintain thorough records in the EMR system, according to the standards established by Major League Baseball
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the Minor League Medical Coordinator, field staff, and front office staff pertaining to injury-related updates and player availability
- Coordinate medical appointments as needed, aiding in the establishment and maintenance of our local physician network and coverage
- Coordinate entrance and exit physicals prior to and at the conclusion of each season
- Assist in off-season player outreach and follow-up
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- Eligible for Florida Athletic Trainer License
- CPR and AED Certifications
- Familiarity with Major League Baseball’s Electronic Medical Record System (Athlete RMS), or working knowledge of EMR best practices and willingness to learn
- Fluent in both English and Spanish languages strongly preferred
Location: San Antonio de Guerra, Dominican Republic
Application Instructions: Please submit your application via TeamworkOnline.com In addition to your resume and cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- What do you anticipate your biggest challenges to be in working in a different country, and how might you overcome them?
- Please list the different sports you have athletic training experience with. If you do not have baseball experience, please reflect upon how your accumulated experience will translate to a baseball setting.
- Do you speak any additional languages? If yes, please indicate what language and your level of proficiency.