Title: Certified Athletic Trainer – Dominican Republic Academy
Location: San Antonio de Guerra, Dominican Republic
Reports to: Latin American Medical Administrator
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer to work in our Dominican Republic Academy. This ATC will work hand in hand with other local medical staff and will act as an immediate liaison with the Latin American Medical Administrator regarding all medical issues pertaining to Dominican Academy players and staff. Outside of the DSL Season, this individual will also have the opportunity to assist in various camps and instructional league at our Player Development complex in Port Charlotte, FL.
- Prevention, evaluation, care, and treatment of athletic injuries
- Provide medical coverage of games, practices, tryouts, and other academy activities
- Connect with athletes from varied backgrounds to establish trust and deliver optimal player care
- Establish and preserve an efficient athletic training room
- Maintain thorough records in the EMR system, according to the standards established by Major League Baseball
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the Minor League Medical Coordinator, field staff, and front office
- staff pertaining to injury-related updates and player availability
- Coordinate medical appointments as needed, aiding in the establishment and maintenance of our local physician
- network and coverage
- Coordinate entrance and exit physicals prior to and at the conclusion of each season
- Contributes to the rotational coverage of overnight academy supervision and medical oversight
- Assist in off-season player outreach and follow-up
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- Eligible for Florida Athletic Trainer License
- CPR and AED Certifications
- Familiarity with Major League Baseball’s Electronic Medical Record System (Athlete RMS), or working knowledge of
- EMR best practices and willingness to learn
- Fluent in both English and Spanish languages strongly preferred
- Application Questions:
- Do you have current licensure as an Athletic Trainer?
- What do you anticipate your biggest challenges to be working in a different country, and how might you overcome them?
- Please list the different sports you have athletic training experience with. If you do not have baseball experience, please reflect upon how your accumulated experience will translate to a baseball setting.
- Do you speak any additional languages? If yes, please indicate what language and your level of proficiency.
- What is your available start date?
All offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.