Job Title: Associate Rehab Physical Therapist / Athletic Trainer
Department: Player Development
Reports To: MiLB Rehab Coordinator
Job Status: Temporary/Seasonal
The Philadelphia Phillies are seeking a Licensed Physical Therapist or Certified Athletic Trainer for the 2023 season. Beginning at the end of February, and completing at the end of the season or post-season. The Associate Rehab PT/ATC will operate out of the Phillies Spring Training complex in Clearwater, FL and assist with long and short term rehabilitation. Associate will be paid a salary for the season with housing allowance (if applicable) and some meals provided to them. No benefit package will be offered.
The Associate will have the opportunity to learn in a fast-paced environment by participating in staff continuing education and formation of integrated player plans focused on injury prevention and performance enhancement. The Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Minor League Physical Therapist, Minor League Rehabilitation Coordinator, Affiliate Athletic Trainer, Minor League Medical/ATC Coordinator, Major League Head Athletic Trainer, Head Team Physician, and Medical Director.
- Learn and assist in providing advanced clinical care, rehabilitation, and injury prevention programs pre and post-game.
- Learn to assist in the development of integrated player programs to aid in injury prevention and improve athletic performance
- Collaborate with the S&C coach and assist in the weight room as needed
- Aid in providing up-to-date medical documentation in MLB EMR system, maintaining standard operating procedures, and other administrative duties
- Mentor DPT students who are selected as clinical interns
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from a CAPTE Accredited program AND/OR NATABOC Certification at time of application
- Ability to attain PT/ATC licensure in the state of Florida
- CPR/AED Certified
- Eligibility for appropriate state licensure as assigned
- Applicants are expected to fulfill the duration of the position
- APTA Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS)
- Residency trained Physical Therapist
- NSCA CSCS Certification
- Previous college/pro baseball or softball experience
- Previous sports / training room experience
- Spanish proficiency
The Phillies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to growing a workforce diverse in perspective and background. We proudly strive to build a group of employees who represent the fans and communities we currently, and aim to serve.