TITLE: Affiliate Intern, Minor League Athletic Training
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
REPORTS TO: Minor League, Athletic Training Coordinator
STATUS: Seasonal; Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Lake Elsinore, CA; Fort Wayne, IN; San Antonio, TX
CONTACT PERSON(S): Josean Prieto
METHOD OF CONTACT: email@example.com
San Diego Padres Commitment:
The San Diego Padres are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees. We strive to create an environment for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Your role as an Intern, Minor League Athletic Training:
You will be learning and assisting in providing advanced clinical assessments and rehabilitation programs, both pre-game and post-game. You will assist with the development of integrated player programs to aid in injury prevention and provide immediate care during field coverage, during both games and practice. You will maintain medical documentation, assist with administrative and travel responsibilities, and track measurements during the season (ROM/Strength Testing).
The duration of this position is 6-months, beginning in March 2024 and ending at the completion of the assigned affiliate season or post-season. Affiliate locations for hire includes Lake Elsinore, CA, Fort Wayne, IN, and San Antonio, TX.
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Learning and assisting in providing advanced clinical assessments and rehabilitation programs pre-game and post-game
- Learning and assisting in the development of integrated player programs to aid in injury prevention and improve athletic performance
- Providing immediate care during field coverage for practice and games both at home and on the road
- Collaborating and communicating with the Strength & Conditioning coach and assist in the weight room as needed
- Aiding in providing up-to-date medical documentation in MLB EMR system, maintaining standard operating procedures, and other administrative duties
- Assisting with the other administrative / travel responsibilities
- Assisting with team hydration and hydration testing
- Assisting with doctors and specialists’ appointments
- Assisting with all tracked measurements during the season (ROM/Strength Testing)
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most:
- Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., and general knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, laser printer, telephone, and computer
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and effectively work well with others in a collaborative, respectful manner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with capacity to handle high volumes of detailed work, multi-task and manage projects on strict deadlines
- Maintain professional demeanor with a high degree of discretion, integrity, and accountability
- Maintain consistent, punctual, and reliable attendance
- Having previous experience working with collage or professional baseball is a plus, but not required
- Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required
You will be required to meet the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of employment
- Must obtain NATABOC Certification at the time of application
- Must be CPR/AED Certified
- Must have eligibility for appropriate state licensure, as assigned
- Able to work flexible hours and fulfil the duration of the position
- Minimum physical requirements: able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the ballpark for prolonged periods of time during games and events; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds
- As a condition of employment, you must successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check
Pay and additional compensation:
The hourly pay rate for this position is $14.35 to $16.00, dependent upon affiliate location. Seasonal, non-union employees are subject to the respective state Minimum Wage and rates will increase accordingly.
In addition to your hourly rate, the Padres offer PTO, employee discounts, appreciation, and recognition opportunities.
The San Diego Padres are an Equal Opportunity Employer.