POSITION: Minor League Athletic Training Intern
LEVEL OF POSITION: Entry Level (Rookie) Peoria, AZ
ORGANIZATION: San Diego Padres
JOB STATUS: Part-time (6-months)
CONTACT PERSON(S): Ben Fraser
METHOD OF CONTACT: Email: email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a 6 month (March 1-August 31) paid internship that includes but not limited to assisting Minor League Athletic Trainers with:
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and referral of athletic injuries.
- Cleanliness and organization of the athletic training room, hydro room, and storage room
- Field set-up and breakdown
- On-field practice/game coverage and supervision
- Accurate and timely communication and scheduling of appointments with team physicians regarding players whom require medical referral during the season. Obtain the documentation following these visits to include in permanent records
- Facilitate maintenance exercise programs. Ensure compliance of shoulder / elbow strengthening and rest & recovery programs.
- Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries.
- Assist physical therapists with rehab programs for players
- Monitor pitchers throwing programs; working with the affiliate Pitching Coach.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating pre-participation entrance physicals and exit physicals for managers, coaching staff, and players
- Become familiar with and monitor the implementation of the strength & conditioning programs of each player.
- Daily communication with Field Manager updating health status of the affiliate.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a NATA BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (certified prior to applying) and eligible for Arizona state licensure.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org