JOB TITLE: Minor League Physical Therapist
DEPARTMENT: Athletic Training / Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full-time Physical Therapist for the 2022 Major League Baseball Championship season. The Therapist will oversee the rehabilitative care of the Baltimore Orioles minor league players throughout all levels of the organization and assist the Athletic Training Staff with the care of non-rehab players during mini-camps. Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Florida Complex League and Instructional League. The Physical Therapist will report to the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physicians of the Baltimore Orioles.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the year round rehabilitation programs for all post-op and non-op players.
- Implement the rehab protocols of the Team Physicians for all pos-op and non-op players.
- Communicate daily with the Major League Head Athletic Trainer regarding 40-man roster players who are under PT care or assigned.
- Communicate daily with the Minor League Medical Coordinator regarding non 40-man players under PT care or assigned.
- Coordinate and monitor the rehabilitation programs of players attending outsourced physical therapy during the off-season and in-season.
- Communicate with the Major League Strength & Conditioning Coach and Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator regarding the rehab player’s status and programs as they pertain to Strength & Conditioning.
- Assist the Athletic Training Staff with care of non-rehab players during mini-camps, Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Florida Complex League and Instructional League when available.
- Assist the Minor League Medical Coordinator with scheduling of doctors appointments, surgical consults, surgeries and follow-up appointments.
- Must maintain complete & accurate medical documentation within EMR system for all assigned players in line with best practices and minimum standards.
- Oversee the rehabilitation programs of Minor & Major League Players in Latin America through the assistance of the Latin American Medical Coordinator.
- Dual credentialed and in good standing as a Licensed Physical Therapist and Certified Athletic Trainer preferred, Licensed Physical Therapist required.
- In good standing and eligible for licensure in Maryland and Florida required.
- Previous baseball experience is preferred but not required.
- Spanish speaker preferred but not required.
LOCATION AND HOURS
- Based year-round at the Ed Smith Complex in Sarasota, Florida.
- Ability to travel to Baltimore as needed.
- Flexible daily schedule from February – October.
- Of Season duties in Sarasota with the flexibility to travel as needed.
DISCLAIMER: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID VACCINATION: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
CONTACT METHOD: Brian Ebel (email@example.com)