JOB TITLE: Minor League Medical Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Athletic Training / Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full-time minor league medical coordinator for the 2022 Major League Baseball Championship season. The coordinator is primarily charged with the administration management and coordination of all Minor League Athletic Trainers and reports to the Head Athletic Trainer, Director of Player Development and Team Physicians.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily duties of all Minor League Athletic Trainers.
- Oversee & communicate daily the management of all minor league player injuries to the Front Office, Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physicians.
- Coordinate and schedule doctor appointments, surgical consults, surgeries and follow up appointments with Team Physicians.
- Perform medical reviews for minor league free agents and potential player trade / waiver claims.
- Coordinate the pre-draft medical review process with the scouting department and Team Physicians.
- Coordinate and schedule the Spring Training Physicals, Post- Draft Physicals and exit physicals in Sarasota.
- Assist the Rehabilitation Coordinator with post-op and non-op rehab players as needed.
- Oversee & maintain the athletic training budgets for Sarasota and all of the affiliates.
- Responsible for ordering all athletic training supplies for both complexes in Sarasota.
- Maintain a clean and professional athletic training room with up to date and calibrated equipment at Twin lakes and Ed Smith complexes.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with Worker’s Comp Claim reviews.
- Coordinate with Team EAP for all minor league players who require a TUE and or any other personal needs.
- Maintain and oversee the physician network in Sarasota.
- Perform site visits to the affiliate locations to help develop the minor league athletic training staff.
- Position is based in Sarasota, Florida at the Ed Smith Complex.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association – Board of Certification in good standing.
- Eligible and in good standing for Florida State Licensure.
- CPR / AED Certified
- Previous baseball experience
- Spanish Proficiency
DISCLAIMER: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID VACCINATION: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
CONTACT METHOD: Brian Ebel: email@example.com