JOB TITLE: Minor League Certified Athletic Trainer — Dominican Republic
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full time Certified Athletic Trainer for the 2023 Season at our Dominican Academy in Boca Chica, DR. The Certified Athletic Trainer will provide game, & practice coverage, daily treatments, injury prevention, rehabilitation of injuries and maintain medical records for spring training, season, instructional league, and the winter program. The ATC will work alongside another full time athletic trainer and will report directly to the Baltimore Orioles International Medical Coordinator as well as the Minor League Medical Coordinator. This is a full -time contracted position with health benefits.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with best practices and minimum standards within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Maintain a clean & organized athletic training room and workspace with up to date sterilization standards and best practices.
- Conduct maintenance and calibration of medical equipment.
- Daily communication with player’s injury status with the Minor League Medical Coordinator.
- Daily communication with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes.
- Oversee administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by Orioles Head Athletic Trainer/ Minor League Medical Coordinator / International Medical Coordinator.
- Assist with player follow- ups of Minor League Players.
- Will work at the Orioles Dominican Academy in Boca Chica, DR.
- Will work out of Twin Lakes Park in Sarasota, Florida during Minor League Spring Training in the month of March.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association-Board of Certification in good standing.
- Eligible and in good standing for MD and FL State Licensure .
- Passport in good standing for travel to/from the Dominican Republic
- CPR/AED certification.
- Previous baseball experience.
- Ability to speak/communicate in Spanish
DISCLAIMER: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY: Submit resume with three references and cover letter to AJ Cano, International Medical Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.