Title: Major League Licensed Massage Therapist
The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full time Licensed Massage Therapist for the 2023 Major League Baseball Championship season. The Licensed Massage Therapist will provide Massage Therapy to Baltimore Orioles players at the Major League level and assist the Medical Staff of the Baltimore Orioles organization during the Major League Baseball Championship Season and Spring Training. The Licensed Massage Therapist will report to the Head Athletic Trainer of the Baltimore Orioles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide adequate massage therapy to Baltimore Orioles players
- Maintain adequate treatment records in accordance with best practice and minimum standards
- Communicate daily therapies with the Head Athletic Trainer
- Refer players to the Athletic Training Staff if injured
- Coordinate and organize daily schedules with players regarding routines and appointment times
- Maintain a clean and professional massage room and workspace with up-to-date sterilization standards and best practices
- Assist and support the Athletic Training Staff with therapies and duties including, but not limited to, soft tissue therapies, stretch and manual therapies
- Assist and support the Strength and Conditioning Staff with duties including, but not limited to, soft tissue work and stretching program
- Assist and support the team Chiropractor with therapies and duties including, but not limited to, soft tissue therapies and stretch
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) must be in good standing with state boards and eligible for licensure in Maryland and Florida, required
- Previous baseball experience preferred but not required
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required
Location and Hours:
- Baltimore, MD for Major League Baseball Championship Season Apr.-Oct.
- Sarasota, FL for Major League Spring Training-Feb. -Mar.
- Flexible daily schedule from Nov.-Feb.
- Off season duties as determined by the Head Athletic Trainer
Travel: Will travel with Major League team during Championship Season
DISCLAIMER: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID VACCINATION: Vaccination against COVID-19 is required of the position per the 2022 MLB COVID-19 Health and Safety protocols. This policy is subject to change per MLB and the CDC.
Contact: Submit resume with three references and cover letter to Brian Ebel at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Until position is filled