JOB TITLE: Dominican Academy Seasonal Certified Athletic Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Sports Medicine / Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a seasonal Certified Athletic Trainer for the 2024 Season at our Dominican Academy. The Certified Athletic Trainer will provide game & practice coverage, daily treatments, injury prevention, rehabilitation of injuries and maintain medical records during spring training and the season. This is a seasonal hourly paid position without health benefits but includes housing, meals and travel.
REPORTS TO: Baltimore Orioles Latin America Medical Coordinator & Minor League Medical Coordinator
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with best practices and minimum standards within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Maintain a clean & organized athletic training room and workspace with up to date sterilization standards and best practices.
- Daily communication with player’s injury status with the Staff Athletic Trainers and Latin America Medical Coordinator.
- Oversee administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by Staff Athletic Trainers and Latin America Medical Coordinator.
- May work at the Orioles Dominican Academy in Boca Chica, DR and in Guerra, DR when our new Academy opens at various times throughout the year (January – February), with primary responsibility being during the DSL season from April – August
- May also work out of Twin Lakes Park in Sarasota, Florida during Minor League Spring Training in the month of March.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association – Board of Certification in good standing.
- Eligible and in good standing for FL State Licensure.
- CPR/AED certification
- Previous baseball experience.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit resume with three references and cover letter to AJ Cano, International Medical Coordinator at email@example.com.