JOB TITLE: Dominican Academy Seasonal Certified Athletic Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a seasonal Certified Athletic Trainer for the 2020 Season at our Dominican Academy in Boca Chica, DR. The Certified Athletic Trainer will provide game, & practice coverage, daily treatments, injury prevention, rehabilitation of injuries and maintain medical records during the season. The ATC will report directly to the Baltimore Orioles Latin America Medical Coordinator. This is a seasonal hourly paid position without health benefits, includes housing, meals and travel.
- Provide care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with best practices and minimum standards within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Maintain a clean & organized athletic training room and workspace with up to date sterilization standards and best practices.
- Daily communication with player’s injury status with the Staff Athletic Trainers and Latin America Medical Coordinator.
- Oversee administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by Staff Athletic Trainers and Latin America Medical Coordinator.
- Will work at the Baltimore Orioles Dominican Republic Academy in Boca Chica, DR from July 1st – August 31st
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association-Board of Certification in good standing.
- CPR/AED certification
- US Passport
- Bilingual Preferred (English & Spanish).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit resume with three references and cover letter to Dave Walker, Minor League Medical Coordinator at email@example.com.