POSITION: Certified Athletic Trainer
LEVEL OF POSITION: Dominican Republic (Dominican Summer League – DSL)
ORGANIZATION: Oakland Athletics
JOB STATUS: Full time
CONTACT PERSON(S): Nate Brooks
METHOD OF CONTACT:
- 160 E. Athletics Way
- Mesa, AZ 85201
- eFax: (510) 380-6935
- No emails or phone calls, please
One (1) full-time position is now available within the Oakland Athletics minor league system. The available position will be located in La Victoria, Dominican Republic (DSL – Dominican Summer League). This position is seasonal and requires coverage at the Oakland A’s Dominican Complex from approximately January 13th, 2020 through the Dominican Summer League season and will end at the completion of the Instructional League Program, on or around November 15th, 2020.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation techniques for various injuries.
- Provide on-call medical assistance for on-field and off-field injuries and illnesses.
- Implement pre-game and pre-practice player preparation designed to prevent injury.
- Recordkeeping using the electronic medical records system (AHMS).
- Implement medical and training room administrative services such as scheduling doctor’s appointments, ordering supplies and documenting injuries.
- Assist strength & conditioning coach with maintenance programs for all players.
- Assist the Team Physicians in providing medical supervision to Minor League club personnel.
- Daily communication of player health status.
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned.
- NATABOC certified and in good standing
- CPR/AED certification required
- Prior experience in professional baseball encouraged, but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Strong communication and computer skills required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position is filled