Minor League Athletic Trainer
Level of Position
Dominican Summer League
New York Mets
Full Time with benefits
Minor League Medical Coordinator – Matt Hunter
One (1) Minor League Athletic Trainer position is now available with the New York Mets. This is a full- time position with benefits assigned to our Dominican Republic Player Development Academy. The minor league athletic trainer will:
- Provide evidence-based assessments, management, and rehabilitation plans for injuries with appropriate referral to other health care providers as necessary.
- Provide daily game and training coverage including pre/post-treatments and implementation of individual plans.
- Oversee Dominican trainers and local PT in all aspects of field coverage, injury management, rehabilitation, and plan of care.
- Daily communication with the Minor League Medical Coordinator, Performance Coordinator, fellow athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coach, mental skills coach, coaching staff, and front office regarding player status.
- Work alongside coaching, strength & conditioning and other support staff to contribute to the design and implementation of objective, evidence-based individualized player plans to maximize performance and reduce injury risk.
- Perform objective monitoring of players.
- Provide thorough documentation of all injuries/illnesses including daily notes, physician notes, and other required documentation in the MLB EMR system.
- Coordinate & facilitate local physician appointments, imaging, and insurance paperwork.
- Responsible for administrative and other duties as needed or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification
- Eligible for Florida state licensure
- 2 years of work experience post-certification, prior professional baseball experience preferred
- Evidence of continued professional development/education
- Advanced Spanish ability
- MLB Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Please submit resume/CV and references together in a PDF or Word document to Matt Hunter: email@example.com
- Position open until filled
- No phone calls, please