Provides the prevention, care, treatment and rehabilitation, under the supervision of a certified/licensed Athletic Trainer, for all athletic injuries and illnesses incurred by Milwaukee Brewer Minor League players at the Milwaukee Brewers Dominican Republic Complex. Informs Athletic Trainer, Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Field Manager, and Coaches daily of all injuries and medical conditions of all players. The Intern – Minor League Athletic Training is under the direct supervision and reports to the designated Athletic Trainer assigned to the Dominican Republic complex.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory of medical equipment and supplies purchased or owned by the Milwaukee Brewers organization.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date health information and files on players, doctors, hospitals, and facilities available for treatment.
- When applicable assists in conditioning program determined by Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Assist in stretching of players as a group prior to all workouts as applicable.
- Be present at all workouts and games.
- Complete all treatment and individual rehabs before workouts and games.
- Assist in maintaining training room supplies and modalities in neat orderly working conditions.
- Miscellaneous assignments with regards to minor league medical staff
- May be required to help transport athletes to various appointments in the DR with a valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA-BOC) certification is required at the time of submission of application and must be in good standing with the NATA
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) credential of CSCS is preferred but not required
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The applicant will reside outside of the United States. The Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club (MBBC) will be responsible for transportation to and from the Dominican Republic. Applicant will be responsible for having a valid passport required for travel outside the United States and/or Visa. Housing and meals will be provided by the MBBC at the MBBC Dominican Republic Complex.
Work hours vary according to game schedule. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours if needed.
Duration of Internship
April through August. Meals and housing will be provided at our Dominican Republic Complex during the summer.
Apply by clicking this link: https://careers-brewers.icims.com/jobs/1733/intern—minor-league-athletic-training-dominican-republic/job?