Job Title: Minor League Seasonal Athletic Trainer
Location: Jupiter, FL
The Miami Marlins are seeking an individual to serve as Minor League Athletic Trainer at their Jupiter Complex. This position will require daily interaction with field staff, strength & conditioning coaches, team physicians, Minor League Medical Coordinator and well as other staff and front office members in addition to daily player care responsibilities. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, Spring Training in Jupiter, FL as well as providing rehab care to injured athletes throughout the minor league season. Major League long-term rehab situations may occur in this role along with assisting the MiLB Medical Coordinator with various responsibilities.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Set up and facilitate physicals
- Communication with front office, doctors, trainers etc
- Mentor trainers, boost morale
- Help facilitate/advise when things happen at affiliates
- Set up doctors appointments, go with them when necessary
- Injury report for minor leagues
- Help facilitate things for spring training (CPR, calibration, etc)
- Help with supply orders, cap ex items, spring training orders
- Travel to affiliates as needed
- Facilitate EMR
- Draft Risk Assessments
- Nuance admin
- ATC education
- Relationships with doctors around complex and affiliates
- Assist with Rehab and FCL
- Ensure consistent rehab standards and philosophy are maintained for the Miami Marlins Sports Medicine & Performance Team across the entire organization.
- Assist with day-to-day rehabilitation of Minor and Major League players, 40-man and non 40-man
- Write and develop individual throwing, running and swing progressions based on an athlete’s injury and position as well as make adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to accurately evaluate and diagnosis baseball injuries and general medical conditions.
- Supervise, educate and coordinate with Athletic Trainers, Students and Strength and Conditioning coaches on the athletes under your care.
- Willingness to learn and evaluate running/throwing mechanics in relation to desired movement patterns established by the Marlins Medical Team
- Collaborate with organization’s athletic trainers, team physicians, strength & conditioning coaches, mental skills coaches, sport scientists, dietitians, front office, and player development staff to care for athletes and implement organizational programs.
- Communicate prognosis and progressions with the Head Athletic Trainer, Major League Physical Therapist, Minor League Medical Coordinator, Physicians, Coaching Staff and Front Office
- Keep accurate and complete records of injury and rehabilitation within the MLB EMR system.
- This may include rehab in spring training and off season.
- Off-season contingent on schedule, rotation basis coverage needed in off-season in collaboration with Jupiter and Miami medical staff.
- Administrative duties may include:
- Ordering daily training room supplies
- Assisting with capital equipment planning/ordering
- Daily training room cleaning duties
- Hydrotherapy room maintenance
- Occasional travel will include the following but not limited to:
- Minor League Rehab Assignments
- Out of State Medical Appointments/Surgery
- Off Season Travel for Player Check Ups
- Assist with continued development of Miami Marlins PT & ATC apprentice/internship program.
- Assist with player acquisition risk assessments in conjunction with the SM&P staff.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in high stress situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Preferred: Certified Athletic Trainer
- ATC Licensure in the state of Florida
- Baseball Knowledge Preferred
- Preferred: Bilingual Spanish/English
- CPR Certified
- PT/ATC Dual Credentials may apply
Be Part of something bigger than yourself
Be a part of the development of a new rehabilitation and strength/conditioning program that is designed specifically for baseball players. Based on specific baseball movement patterns that directly relate to pitching, hitting, and running. These strength and movement pattern algorithms have been shown to reinforce specific baseball movements to be able to increases power while reducing stressors on the joints resulting in performance at the highest level with a significant decrease in risk of injury.
Practitioners work one on one to develop and reinforce safe strategic patterns that improve high level performance that reduce the possibility of injury. These principals are utilized both for rehab and performance simultaneously.
Position will work in an athletic training room, weight room, baseball complex, office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environments.
Work is medium in demand. Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects. Medium strength is required to position patients for examination. May assist patients as needed, helping them on and off the exam table.
Position Type and Expected Hours of work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is expected occasionally in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minor League Medical Coordinator
Major League Physical Therapist
Major League Head Athletic Trainer
Please send inquiries to email@example.com.