- Minor League Performance Rehabilitation Intern
- New York Mets
- Minor League Rehabilitation Center, Port St. Lucie, FL
- Full Time (seasonal) with hourly wage – February to September 2020
- Minor League Performance PT – Alanna Salituro
- Minor League Rehabiltation Coordinator – Jeff Taylor
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will give new graduates the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while being part of a multi-disciplinary performance and sports medicine department. The seasonal rehabilitation intern will assist the minor league performance physical therapists with daily responsibilities such as:
- Injury prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation.
- Daily communication with the minor league physical therapist, minor league rehabilitation coordinator, organization athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, sport scientist and mental skills coaches, regarding player status.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational programs.
- Implementation and creation of rehabilitation and injury prevention programs
- Daily work out coverage including pre/post treatments
- Administrative duties as assigned by the minor league physical therapist or medical coordinator.
- Facilitating physician appointments, imaging, and insurance paperwork as directed.
- Assess risk of injury, perform appropriate evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation under the direction and supervision of the minor league physical therapists.
- Gain experience with the use of Force Frame, Nordbord, Force plate, etc.
- Current BOC Certification preferred
- CPR/AED certification required
- New graduates welcome to apply.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
Positions open until filled
No phone calls please