Position: Minor League Performance Rehabilitation Intern
Organization: New York Mets
Location: Minor League Rehabilitation Center, Port St. Lucie, FL
Job Status: Full Time (seasonal) with an hourly wage
Contact Persons: Minor League Performance PT – Alanna Salituro
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will give new graduates the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while participating in a multi-disciplinary performance department. The seasonal rehabilitation intern will assist the minor league performance physical therapists with daily responsibilities such as:
- Injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of long-term and/or post-surgical injuries.
- Assess risk of injury, perform appropriate evaluation and treatment, implementation of long-term and/or post-surgical rehabilitation programs, under the direction and supervision of the minor league physical therapists.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational programs.
- Implementation and creation of rehabilitation and injury prevention programs
- Daily field and athletic training room coverage including pre/post treatments.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Current BOC Certification preferred
- CPR/AED certification required
- New graduates welcome to apply.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
Positions open until filled. No phone calls please.
Please apply on the Mets website and attach the following:
- Cover Letter
- 2 References