Minor League Athletic Training Intern
Level of Position:
(2) Long season teams (Syracuse, Columbia) starting at the beginning of spring training through the end of the championship season
(3) Short Season teams (Brooklyn, Kingsport, Gulf Coast) starting at the beginning of Extended spring training through the end of the championship season.
New York Mets
Part Time (seasonal) with hourly wage + overtime
Minor League Medical Coordinator – Matt Hunter
Duties & Responsibilities:
Five Athletic Training Seasonal positions are now available with the New York Mets. This position will give new graduates the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while part of a multi-disciplinary performance and sports medicine department. The seasonal athletic trainer will assist their assigned affiliate’s head athletic trainer with daily responsibilities such as:
- Injury prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation.
- Daily communication with the affiliate athletic trainer, strength and conditioning coach, mental skills coach, regarding player status.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational programs.
- Daily game and work out coverage including pre/post treatments and field set up
- Administrative duties as assigned by the affiliate athletic trainer or medical coordinator.
- Facilitating physician appointments, imaging, and insurance paperwork as directed.
- Assess risk of injury, perform appropriate evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation under the direction and supervision of the head athletic trainer.
- Implementation of injury prevention programs
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification required
- Eligible for Florida state licensure
- New graduates welcome to apply.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Please submit resume/CV and references together in one document to Matt Hunter: email@example.com
- Positions open until filled
- No phone calls please