Position: Minor League Athletic Trainer
Level of Position: Dominican Summer League
Organization: New York Mets
Job Status: Full Time with benefits
A Minor League Athletic Trainer position is now available with the New York Mets. This is a full- time position with benefits primarily assigned to our Dominican Republic Player Development Academy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide evidence-based assessments, management, and rehabilitation plans for injuries with appropriate referral to other health care providers as necessary.
- Provide daily game and training coverage including pre/post treatments and implementation of individual plans.
- Oversee local medical staff for field coverage and acute, on-field injury management.
- Daily communication with the Minor League Medical Coordinator, Latin American Medical Coordinator, Performance Coordinator, fellow athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coach, mental skills coach, coaching staff, and front office regarding player status.
- Work alongside field staff, performance coaching, and other support staff to contribute to the design and implementation of objective, evidence-based individualized player plans to maximize performance and reduce injury risk.
- Perform objective monitoring of players and make appropriate intervention recommendations based off of the results.
- Provide thorough documentation of all injuries/illnesses including daily notes, physician notes, and other required documentation in the MLB EMR system.
- Responsible for administrative and other duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor.
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification
- Eligible for Florida state licensure
- 1 year work experience post certification, prior professional baseball experience preferred
- Evidence of continued professional development/education
- Advanced Spanish ability
- MLB Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Please submit resume/CV and references together in a PDF or Word document to the New York Mets job posting at: https://sterlingmets.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Mets/job/Clover-Park–Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida/Minor-League-Athletic-Trainer_R549
Position open until filled. No phone calls please.