- Minor League Athletic Training Intern
Level of Position
- Full time
- New York Mets
- Part-Time (seasonal) with hourly wage + overtime
- Minor League Medical Coordinator – Matt Hunter
Duties & Responsibilities:
The New York Mets have six part-time, seasonal athletic training positions available for the 2020 season. There are four positions at the long season affiliates beginning ~March 1st, and 2 positions at our short season affiliates beginning ~April 6th. These positions carry no benefits but are paid hourly/overtime, housing allowance or housing, and travel is paid for by the organization. All positions will end upon the conclusion of the minor league season.
These positions will give new graduates the opportunity to gain experience in professional baseball while part of a multi-disciplinary performance and sports medicine department. The seasonal athletic trainer will assist their assigned affiliate’s head athletic trainer with duties such as:
- Provide evidence-based assessments, management, and rehabilitation plans for injuries under supervision of affiliate team head athletic trainer.
- Daily communication with the affiliate head athletic trainer, performance coach, mental skills coach, regarding player status.
- Working as part of a coordinated performance department to implement organizational and individual programs.
- Daily game and work out coverage including pre/post treatments and field set up.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the affiliate athletic trainer or medical coordinator.
- Facilitating physician appointments, imaging, and insurance paperwork as directed.
- Analyze objective monitoring data to make decisions about individualized evaluation and interventions, under the direction and supervision of the head athletic trainer.
- Implementation of injury prevention programs.
- Use of ForceFrame, Nordbord, Force plate technologies.
- Current BOC Certification and CPR/AED certification required
- New graduates welcome to apply.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Please submit resume/CV and references together in one document to Matt Hunter: email@example.com
Positions open until filled
No phone calls, please.