Job Title: Minor League Athletic Trainer Intern
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: MiLB Medical/Athletic Training Coordinator
Primary Objective: Direct and lead all medical and conditioning aspects of the assigned affiliate.
- Prevent, evaluate, and treat athletic injuries
- Keep daily records of injury reports and treatment records
- Timely reporting of injuries and treatments to the Senior Director, High Performance & the MiLB Medical/Athletic Training Coordinator
- Schedule appointments for injured players with appropriate physicians and obtain documentation for these visits to include in the player’s electronic medical record
- Facilitate maintenance exercise programs; ensure compliance of maintenance strengthening and rest and recovery programs
- Rehab and recondition injured athletes
- Monitor pitcher throwing programs
- Coordinate entrance and exit physicals as needed for players joining roster
- Daily communication with Field Manager updating health status of injured players
- Coordinate exit physicals and follow-up testing ordered by team physician during exit physicals; develop off-season maintenance programs for respective players
- Organize and maintain a clean Athletic Training room; ensure all modalities are properly serviced and calibrated
- Assist in coordinating conditioning programs through daily communication with Field Manager and Performance Specialist
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine or related field; or combination of years of experience and education
- NATA/ BOC Athletic Training Certification, Current CPR/First Aid & AED Certification required.
- Eligible for Licensure in the State of Arizona for any/all practice certifications required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in professional or high-level athletics’ field preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be a committed professional, with strong analytic focus.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate program buy-in
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Shall possess strong decision making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic thinking; formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short and long term interests. Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with management, team members, and vendors.
- Must possess outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Must also be clear and organized, persuasive, yet inclusive.
- Acts in a manner that is fair and ethical, and always with integrity.
- Must possess computer proficiency with email, MS Word and Excel.
- Documentation into MLB’s electronic medical records system.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Maximum lifting of up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 25 pounds; typically standing and walking for the majority of the day
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and references to Michael Feliciano: firstname.lastname@example.org