Job Title: Minor League Athletic Trainer – Dominican Republic
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: MiLB Athletic Training Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Primary Objective: Responsible for prevention, treatment, rehabilitation of injuries and field coverage for Seattle Mariners Minor League Players, primarily at the Dominican Republic complex.
- Prevent, evaluate, and treat athletic injuries.
- Keep daily records of injury reports and treatment records.
- Timely reporting of injuries and treatments to the Senior Director, High Performance & the MiLB Athletic Training Coordinator.
- Schedule appointments for injured players with appropriate physicians and obtain documentation for these visits to include in the player’s electronic medical record.
- Facilitate maintenance exercise programs; ensure compliance of maintenance strengthening and rest and recovery programs.
- Rehab and recondition injured athletes.
- Monitor pitcher throwing programs.
- Oversee budget, inventory and supply ordering for our DR complex.
- Coordinate entrance and exit physicals as needed for DSL players and J2 roster.
- Daily communication with Field Manager updating health status of injured players.
- Coordinate exit physicals and follow-up testing ordered by team physician during exit physicals; develop off-season maintenance programs for respective players
- Organize and maintain a clean Athletic Training room; ensure all modalities are properly serviced and calibrated
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely documentation into the AHMS for all DSL and J2 players.
- Assist in coordinating conditioning programs through daily communication with Field Manager and Performance Specialist
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association Certification/ BOC Certified
- Eligible for Arizona ATC Licensure
- CPR and AED certified
- Baseball experience preferred
- Spanish Proficiency highly recommended.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be a committed professional, with strong analytic focus.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate program buy-in
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Shall possess strong decision making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic thinking; formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short and long term interests. Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with management, team members, and vendors.
- Must possess outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Must also be clear and organized, persuasive, yet inclusive.
- Acts in a manner that is fair and ethical, and always with integrity.
- Must possess computer proficiency with email, MS Word and Excel.
- Documentation into MLB’s electronic medical records system.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Maximum lifting of up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 25 pounds; typically standing and walking for the majority of the day
- This position is based out of Peoria, Arizona but will require residence in the Dominican Republic during all active periods (Summer League, Instructional League and camps)
- This position will require travel
- This position involves non-traditional work schedule and will require work on weekends and occasional holidays
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and references to Michael Feliciano: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACKNOWLEDGMENT FOR RECEIPT OF JOB DESCRIPTION
I have received a copy of the job description and have read and understand the duties and responsibilities assigned to me. I understand they are meant as guidelines which may change according to business needs without being specifically included in the job description. Furthermore, I understand I may be assigned duties and responsibilities that are not specifically addressed in my job description from time to time.
Employee Name (Please Print)
Employee Signature Date