Job Title: Major League Massage & Manual Therapist, Senior Director of High Performance
Reports To: Major League Head Athletic Trainer
Department: Baseball Operations
Primary Objective: Responsible for serving as a part of a comprehensive team in a high-performance professional baseball setting. This position is responsible for delivery of massage and manual therapy services to the Seattle Mariners Players at the Major League Level.
- Provide skilled massage & manual therapy techniques.
- Design specific sessions based on individual needs.
- Promote an integrated treatment approach with the High Performance team.
- Work closely with Performance Staff on injury recovery and return to play programs. Coordinate daily communication on all treatments performed to Head
- Athletic Trainer. Keep all required injury and treatment records.
- Daily communication with HP Team.
- Movement assessment and corrective program implementation.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level education in massage, manual therapy, or related field required.
- Certification & Licensure (or eligibility for licensure) in any applicable professional certifications required.
- Master’s degree in Sports Medicine or related area of study preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in professional or high-level athletics’ field preferred.
- Advanced Therapeutic Certifications (needling, IASTM, MAT, etc) preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be a committed professional, with strong collaborative focus.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate rehab/return to play program buy-in.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Committed to continual learning and education,
- Shall possess strong decision-making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic and critical thinking skills in formulating return to play programming, objectives, priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short- and long-term interests.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions: Evening, weekend, and holiday work may occasionally be required. Travel may be occasionally required.