Job Title: Head Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Lexington Clinic Sports Medicine Supervisor/Legends CEO
The Lexington Legends, a professional baseball team in Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking a full-time certified athletic trainer for the 2022 Atlantic League season. This is a six-month contract position. Professional baseball experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be BOC certified and Kentucky licensed. The Lexington Legends are an independent minor league baseball team playing in the Atlantic League. This position requires working alongside the on-field coaching staff to coordinate the prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning of the players, along with other medical professionals. The ideal candidate will be committed, team focused, open minded, driven, of good character, and demonstrate positive teammate qualities. This is a traveling position that works home and road games, from the end of April through middle of September, including holidays. Attendance is mandatory. This position will start beginning of April 2022 and conclude September 2022. This position reports directly to the Lexington Clinic Sports Medicine Supervisor and Lexington Legends
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and management of athletic injuries consistent with KRS 311.9 and the NATA Code of Ethics.
- Consult and collaborate with all members of the Lexington Clinic medical staff, Legends front office and coaching staffs.
- Identify and meet the goals and needs of our players through a holistic and total body approach.
- Develop individualized, player-centered care plans, including baseball and throwing progressions.
- Timely, effective, and concise communication of injuries and illnesses with members of the Lexington Clinic medical staff, members of the coaching staff, and the front office staff, including the maintenance of accurate daily injury reports.
- Implement health and performance screening.
- Provide quality, personalized, and evidence-based care with best available interventions
- Provide emergency aid (basic wound care, BLS/CPR/AED) when necessary.
- Follow and enforce all league, state and local Covid-19 protocols and mandates.
- Organize and maintain a professional training room (e.g., cleanliness, safety, inventoried medical supplies/rehabilitation equipment, professional dress code and behavior, availability to players/staff to render treatment/assistance prior to daily schedule, adherence to OSHA and league medical facility/training room rules and policies.
- Maintain player and staff electronic medical records and hard copy files
- Establish and maintain rapport with Lexington Clinic team physicians.
- Establish a network with healthcare professionals in rehabilitation and sports medicine.
- Provide leadership and education for all members of the team.
- Coordinate local entry and exit physicals, Covid-19 protocols and medical appointments.
- Prepare travel trunks and inventory for road trips.
Job Requirements, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Current NATA BOC Certification
- Kentucky License or eligible
- Current BLS/CPR/AED certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, baseball/upper extremity experience preferred
- National Provider Identification (NPI) number preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working as an athletic trainer with collegiate and/or professional baseball organization preferred, but not required.
- General, working baseball knowledge and exposure to professional and/or baseball culture desired.
- Strong desire to model and influence positive, winning clubhouse culture.
Apply Here: https://www.teamworkonline.com/baseball-jobs/atlanticleague/lexington-legends/athletic-trainer-2003470