Position Title: Athletic Trainer Fellow
Department: Player Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting To: Jeremy Harris / Roberto Ruiz
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The role of this Athletic Trainer (AT) is to serve as an AT in the minor league system of the Cleveland Guardians with specific responsibilities at our developmental complexes in Goodyear, AZ and in the Dominican Republic. This position will work alongside Cleveland Guardians medical staff throughout the year (including but not limited to Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Developmental Programs) and support the medical and administrative needs of the organization. This position will operate as a one-year contract.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation techniques for various injuries
- Partner with head AT to manage affiliate medical budgets, inventory, and treatment plans
- Accompany and provide transport (as needed) for players to MD appointments
- Assist with record keeping using the electronic medical records system
- Assisting with daily maintenance program planning and implementation for all players
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned/as needed
- Assist with field/game medical coverage throughout the year
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups – including women and people of color – are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Education & Experience Requirements and Preference
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and or master’s degree of Athletic Training or related field preferred.
- BOC certified and in good standing
- CPR/AED certification required
- Must be able to obtain Athletic Training licensure in the state of Arizona
- Must be licensed as an Athletic Trainer by state board of residence
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
- Robust communication and computer skills required
- Fulfill duties as requested by the VP of Medical Services, Assistant Director of Medical Services, Minor League Medical Coordinators or Directors of Player Development
- Work responsibilities at either of the academies in Goodyear, AZ and/or the Dominican Republic
- Provide coverage during off-season camps in Goodyear, AZ, or Dominican Republic
- Relocation during the contract period
- Must have valid US driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain or have a valid passport
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes at least 25 lbs.